Meet the Pride Mobility Go Chair
The Go Chair is tops when it comes to portability in the power wheelchair category. When riding on the Go Chair, you’ll glide to your destination, hassle-free. With a full battery, you can tackle your to-do list, no matter how long it is. The Go Chair can travel up to 13.2 miles at a maximum speed of 3.8 mph. Whether you’re at home or out on the town, you’ll appreciate the tight 25.5-inch turning radius. It means you can more easily navigate tight corners and hallways.
In the spirit of amazing user experience, Pride Mobility’s engineers adapted the exclusive feather-touch disassembly technology used in our mobility scooters for this electric wheelchair. The chair disassembles to four to six pieces, depending whether your chair is equipped with underseat storage. The parts — the heaviest of which is just 36 pounds — can be stowed easily when it’s time to go.
- Battery box
- Rear section of the power base
- Front section of the power base
- Under-seat storage bins (if equipped)
Follow the instructions below to disassemble your Go Chair.
- Turn off the controller power.
- Place the chair in drive mode. Drive mode can be found on the controller panel, above the joystick.
- Disconnect the controller from the power base.
- Remove under-seat storage. If your device does not have under-seat storage, move to the next step.
- Lift the seat straight up and off the device. If the seat does not lift easily, disengage the seat release lever. Swivel the seat as you lift it.
- Lift up on the battery box handle to disengage the box from the power base. Tilt the battery box forward and pull it away from the base.
- Disconnect the front and rear sections of the power base by releasing the frame release lever, which is located behind the seat post.
How to Assemble Pride Mobility Go Chair
- Grab the frame release lever, lifting the front section of the power base to align the frame hooks with the lower frame tube of the rear section.
- Once the pieces are lined up, lower the front section and pivot the rear section at the same time. The lock will engage automatically.
- Place the battery pack in its spot on the front section of the power base.
- Place the seat onto the seat post, rotate it until it is secure.
- Plug the controller into the power base.
- If applicable, return the under-seat storage bin to its position.
Pride Mobility providers are the experts on all things Pride Mobility. For starters they can help you find the right mobility device. From there, they can answer all your questions — including those about assembly and disassembly.
If you’d like to watch one of them disassemble and reassemble a Go Chair, check out this Marc’s Mobility video.